This app is not a new one to me, but it is one that I haven't used in forever. Recently I have had a few students where speech production has popped up as an area of concern again. It can be challenging to motivate middle and high-schoolers to engage in articulation therapy and apps always help. SAY IT RIGHT by Mayer-Johnson is a comprehensive app that includes multiple exemplars for a huge variety of speech sounds and blends. It is available on the app store and is pretty reasonably priced for a book containing so many stimulus words. The app allows you to choose the target sound or sound blend and provides three phrases each containing an exemplar word. Then- the super fun part- the students can "flip" the pages and create silly sentences.
Things we love:
- Easy way to store a huge amount of vocabulary and have it ready whenever you need it
- Simple design helps you use multiple exemplars for the same target sound/blend
- Build in optional voice output allows your students to receive a model if necessary
Things to think about:
- Exemplar words can be fairly challenging, so this may not be appropriate for students who need simpler stimulus words
- Only available at the sentence/phrase level- not individual words.
Have you checked this app out? What do you think?